About Me

Bountiful, Utah
We are the Ta'atiti family. I started this blog back in 2008. I kinda forgot about it for a long time and just recently decided to pick it up again. My main motivations behind this blog is to document my weight loss journey through the Take Shape For Life program as well as document significant events for my kids - Sina and Miracle. Hopefully they will find value in these posts and maybe even learn from some of my life lessons.

KEEPING UP WITH THE TA'ATITI'S

KEEPING UP WITH THE TA'ATITI'S

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

BLOGGING FOR SINA . . .


Up until late last year, I had been avoiding the whole blog world. I 've never been good at writing in journals and things of this sort, so I thought it would be the same way with blogging. I've found though, that I really enjoy it. Especially on days at work when I have lots of time to kill, I can write a thing or two.

I often wonder what people are thinking when they write a blog. For me, I think about Sina. I think - "wow, I should really write about this so that Sina can read it in a few years and know about things like: when we bought our first christmas tree or when grandma came to visit or when we went to Frisco. Hopefully, if the internet is around for the rest of our lives, she'll have much more to read about.

She'll also know that her mommy and daddy were once kids too and she'll be able to laught at the silly things we did - at least she'll know about MY childhood ( I like to reminisce about the good old days). Hopefully Anthony will jump on here and write something for her every now and then. Anyway, just thought I'd take this chance to leave a message for Sina . . .

When you read this, just know that your mom and dad love you so much. You are 2 yrs and 7 months old today. You probably won't read this for another 3 or 4 years, but when you do just know that you are the most loved little girl in the world . You're mom is an innate cheez ball and your dad is the silliest, most lovable guy in the world. He cries when he watches you sleep and smiles when say things like "daddy...go weenee?" (that means swing at the playground). You are talking and saying more words now that when you say something new like ..."ooh, awesome!" or "hello, how are you?" when you imitate me or your aunty sulu, we crack up laughing and are just amazed by how smart you are.

You love to play with other kids and will willingly give up your ice cream cone when another little kid wants it (almost every time). You love to dance and you know almost every Barney song ever made. You love your cousins Koleka and Heiress and Alo too. You rarely see Nora and Veni, but you love them too.

Your grandma loves you (and secretly favors you), probably because she raised you since you came home that first day from the hospital. You were only 2 days old and you drank a whole 4 oz. bottle...you're still amazing! :) You are growing up too fast and although you are not quite potty trained yet, you know the function of a toilet and you like to pretend your using it just to flush the water down.

As you grow up, you might think your mom is a stickler and outwardly I might not show much emotion, but just know that you are the biggest blessing in my life. I knew when I first saw you that you were meant to be ours. You are stuck with me and your daddy for eternity - hows that? So when you're a teenager and you think you want cooler parents, just know that you're stuck with us.....for life, and the next!

I hope you enjoy reading these blogs, posts, messages, whatever you want to call them. They are for you. Hopefully, they'll give you a little bit of insight to your folks and to how much you are loved!

5 comments:

Jess said...

That was the sweetest thing I've ever read - you are such a neat mommy! And Sina just as a side note from someone who knows your mom she really is the coolest and I'm lucky to know her! Your mom truly is great - take the time to learn lots from her!:)

coheiress said...

AWWWW... so darn SWEET!... I TOTALLY FORGOT THE WHOLE "wish I had cooler parents stage"...LOL... im pretty sure Sina wont miss out on family closeness that surrounds her!...
and ... no REAL plans this weekend... just gonna see off Asi and his fam. otherwise... HOLLA if anything is up!

Carsen and Lesina said...

That's why I started blogging too, cuz I totally suck at keeping a journal. But I enjoy reading all my old posts. I'm sure Sina will love and enjoy reading this when she gets older.

coheiress said...

Hey sifo... comment NUMERO DOS for me... thanks for the second comment... that kind of made a little sense so to speak...because i was seriously beginning to think otherwise... i'd like to THINK i can advise others with the simple-minded philosophies that i've come to understand and grasp in my 25years... but I think it's friends and family like you guys that keep me grounded.
Happy mothers day again..
ttyl

Kreller Kaboodle said...

You are an amazing mom Sifo! Love you tons! Sina is very blessed to have you as a mom as well!