About Me

Bountiful, Utah
We are the Ta'atiti family. I started this blog back in 2008. I kinda forgot about it for a long time and just recently decided to pick it up again. My main motivations behind this blog is to document my weight loss journey through the Take Shape For Life program as well as document significant events for my kids - Sina and Miracle. Hopefully they will find value in these posts and maybe even learn from some of my life lessons.

KEEPING UP WITH THE TA'ATITI'S

KEEPING UP WITH THE TA'ATITI'S

Friday, November 17, 2017

Take Shape For Life - Week 4, Day 4

I was in Texas last week for training and then I went to see Nephi. I wasn't on the 5 and 1 while there, I did more of a 4 and 2. I was happy with my choices. I was choosing meals that I wouldn't normally choose and it worked out okay. Before I left, I weighed myself and I was as 343. I had remained steady for about 5 days straight. When I got back Sunday and weighed in on Monday morning I had jumped up 349. I had gained 6 lbs while in Texas...I couldn't believe how fast that was. Well, I had gotten back on the 5 and 1 Sunday morning and just let it ride.

I weighed myself this morning just to see where I was and I am now down to 340 flat. I was able to lose the 9lbs since Monday. I felt like I had some inflammation from the food I was eating last week and I needed to lose that again. It feels good to be back on track.

I also went to Zumba Monday night. It was actually harder than I thought it would be, I feel like my muscles are super sensitive. The rest of the week was full of other activities - Tuesday night pitching for Sina, Wednesday night was my closing class for the semester, last night was a TM meeting, tonight we are helping Glen and Puni move, and tomorrow is Anthony's birthday. So I'm pretty shot for any other opportunities to go to the gym. I plan on going next Monday, then we drive out to California on Tuesday for Thanksgiving. So next week seems shot as well, though I do anticipate starting to weight train again once we get back.


I shared this picture with one of my Facebook support groups. The bottom pic was my first class session back in September a little more than a month before I started the program. The top was my last class this week. I can see a big difference in myself. These side by sides give me a lot of motivation and confidence to keep going. It feels good to be doing this and to feel so healthy and so light. I am 20 lbs away from my first benchmark of 320. After that, the big goal is to be under 300 for the first time in years by February.

0 comments: