About Me

Bountiful, Utah
We are the Ta'atiti family. I started this blog back in 2008. I kinda forgot about it for a long time and just recently decided to pick it up again. My main motivations behind this blog is to document my weight loss journey through the Take Shape For Life program as well as document significant events for my kids - Sina and Miracle. Hopefully they will find value in these posts and maybe even learn from some of my life lessons.

KEEPING UP WITH THE TA'ATITI'S

KEEPING UP WITH THE TA'ATITI'S

Sunday, January 14, 2018

January 2018 Health Challenge

I haven't blogged in several weeks, but I'm trying to get back in to it. I signed up for a free 28 day health challenge via a community health support group on Facebook.

I started 1/2 and am currently in the middle of the 2nd week. Prior to the weigh in on 1/2, the last time I had weighed in was on Saturday 12/30. I was 317. I decided to go off plan for new years eve and day. I decided to weigh in on Tuesday night 1/2 and the scale read 325.2. I was a bit disappointed at first thinking - geez, I totally gained 8 lbs in 2 days, but I was determined to get back on track.

I had run out of fuelings and was waiting for my order to come in. In the mean time, I was counting my calories and making sure my macro levels were consistent. I submitted my first update on 1/9 with a pic showing the scale at 312. I reported a week 1 loss of 13.2 lbs. Now that felt amazing! I knew it would slow down the 2nd week as my body was adjusting back to the plan, but it was a huge motivation booster. It is amazing how quickly the body retains weight when I eat a lot of carbs.


Left was taken 10/23/17, right pic was taken 1/13/18


Pic taken 1/2/18 for the health challenge


Left 1/2/18, right 10/23/17

0 comments: