About Me

Bountiful, Utah
We are the Ta'atiti family. I started this blog back in 2008. I kinda forgot about it for a long time and just recently decided to pick it up again. My main motivations behind this blog is to document my weight loss journey through the Take Shape For Life program as well as document significant events for my kids - Sina and Miracle. Hopefully they will find value in these posts and maybe even learn from some of my life lessons.

KEEPING UP WITH THE TA'ATITI'S

KEEPING UP WITH THE TA'ATITI'S

Thursday, October 26, 2017

The Journey Day 1

10/24/17 - Today is my first day of actually eating off the meal plan 5 and 1. It is basically eating 5 fuelings (these are the individual meals they send you) and 1 lean protean with greens which is called Lean and Green. I prayed this morning that I wouldn't get a headache from lack of sugar/carbs. I'm required to drink at least 84 oz. of water each day and I did that today. That required many trips to the bathroom, but all good.

We had a team lunch today and we went to the Bayou. It is one of my favorite places and I usually get something like the cheeseburger or the gumbo with their sweet potato fries. Today, I chose to eat my Lean and Green at lunch and had a grilled salmon over greens. Wasn't the best tasting, but it was filling. So far the little bars/meals they provide keep me pretty sustained until I have to eat again which is every 3 hours. The hardest thing right now is eating during meetings since the 3 hour marks sometimes falls between my meeting times, but it's okay.

Shannon called tonight and I reported that all went well, except I am really tired. This program requires at least 7 hours of sleep. I am definitely not getting that a night so I will need to change that tonight. She also encouraged me to weigh myself in the morning and that it is more accurate in the morning.

0 comments: